A Columbus woman suffered minor burns in a fire at her Binings Way home this morning, Deputy Fire Chief Tommy Streeter said.
The homeowner was feeding her dogs shortly before 7 a.m. when a spark from her garage door motor mingled with gas fumes creating an explosion, Streeter said. The explosion caused a fire.
The homeowner was transported to the hospital to be treated for minor burns. There was nothing in the fire department's report indicating the woman's dogs were injured.
The blaze caused approximately $90,000 in damage to the single story with an estimated value of $180,000 Streeter said.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Ledger-Enquirer