Alabama handicapped parking tags must be renewed

Russell County residents who have long-term handicapped tags and placards must have them reaffirmed this year during the month their tags are renewed.

Russell County License Commissioner Paulette Colbert said citizens seeking to have those tags and placards renewed must have a new disability form signed by their physician.

"We have the forms at the tag office, you can get them online at the Department of Revenue Web site, and I have faxed many forms to local physicians in the area," Colbert said.

The Russell County Tag Office can be reached at 334-298-1520 and is located at 1206 Seventh Ave., Phenix City, a block off Broad Street. The Alabama Department of Revenue Web site is www.ador.state.al.us.