Local

Columbus fire: Exhaust fan catches fire at Hagemeyer on 16th Street

An exhaust fan at Hagemeyer, 950 16th St., caught fire this afternoon, causing a blaze that sent employees into the afternoon heat.

No one was hurt in the fire, Battalion Chief Keith Watson said.

Columbus Fire & EMS got the call around 3 p.m. According to Watson, an exhaust fan overheated, caught fire and then caught fire to nearby boxes.

The sprinkler system kept the fire at bay until firefighters arrived.

“We put the fire out the rest of the way,” Watson said.

What remained was to remove the smoke from the building, which Watson said would take until 4 p.m.

“We should have them back in business in an hour,” he said.

  Comments