Club Majestic shooting suspect Shaquille Porter faces same charges as suspect Dequandrea Truitt, witnesses are not revealed

A second suspect arrested in connection with the Club Majestic shootings faced the same murder charge as already arrested Dequandrea Truitt during a 9 a.m. Recorder's Court hearing on Monday, Feb. 18.

Represented by attorney Kyle Fischer, 20-year-old Shaquille Porter was charged with the murder of Charles Foster Jr., 24, and six counts of aggravated assault. He also faced two counts of possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime and a charge of theft by receiving.

During the hearing, Detective Katina Williams described the shootings which took place on Jan. 1 at the Cusseta Road night club. When police responded to the scene that morning shortly after the shootings began at 2:15 a.m., they found Foster lying on his side on the dance floor from a gunshot wound to his torso. Several others were injured inside the club, many of them 16- or 17-year-old boys.

Foster was pronounced dead at 3:28 a.m. at The Medical Center.

Williams told the court how another victim in the parking lot, along with testimonies from witnesses, led police to believe there were two shooters: one inside the club and one in the parking lot. Officers found another victim after discovering Foster that suffered a gunshot wound to the head from where a bullet grazed him and another wound to his back. Williams said the man was attempting to leave the parking lot when he looked up and saw someone shooting at him.

Matching shells from two different weapons were found inside the car the victim occupied and inside the club. Williams said several witnesses present the night of the shooting said Porter was there the night of the shootings.

Williams said following the initial investigation warrants for his arrest were released. Once Porter learned of an outstanding warrant for a theft by receiving, he decided along with an attorney to turn himself in.

After hearing Williams' testimony, Fischer asked how many witnesses had identified Porter as a shooter. Williams couldn't recall, but said there was more than one. She also declined to name the witnesses after Fischer requested their identities.

During the proceedings, Fischer expressed concerns that both Truitt and Porter faced murder charges for the same man, in addition to both being charged for the assault of the man shot in the parking lot.

"There has been another individual that has been charged with the exact same charges," Fischer said. "There may be one or more witnesses who would name Mr. Truitt as the man who shot Mr. Foster."

Judge Michael Cielinski told Fischer that although he understood his complaint about the charges, police did not have to produce their witnesses in court. Fischer was told he could speak with those witnesses at a later time.

Porter was given no bond on the murder charge and bond totaling about $75,000 during the hearing.

Truitt, who was given a hearing Jan. 8, also faces no bond for the murder charge and bond totaling about $75,000. During the hearing he pleaded not guilty to all charges, saying that he didn't kill anyone, but "did do some shooting outside in the parking lot." Both men await trial in Superior Court.