Local

Vacant building on Victory Drive caught fire Sunday

By Sarah Robinson

srobinson@ledger-enquirer.com

Columbus Fire & EMS officials said a vacant building in the 3200 block of Victory Drive caught fire Sunday evening due to an electrical issue.

Columbus Deputy Fire Chief Greg Lang said a male firefighter who responded to the scene received minor burn injuries to his wrist and was advised to seek medical treatment. No one else was harmed during the incident, which happened before 7:30 p.m.

"The main cause of the fire was electrical," Lang said. "The main power line going into the [building] knocked out."

Lang said the back side of the building sustained damage, and the structure may be a total loss. A company named Vine Trust owns the building, according to the deputy fire chief.

— Sarah is a crime and safety reporter at The Ledger-Enquirer. You can contact her on Twitter at @SarahR_92.

  Comments