Local

Columbus house fire on Sixth Avenue leads to $6,000 worth of damage

Sarah Robinson

srobinson@ledger-enquirer.com

Columbus Fire & EMS said they battled a structure fire early Tuesday that caused significant damage to a home in the 3100 block of Sixth Avenue.

Called to the scene around 5:18 a.m., officials found the one-story wood-frame residence ablaze but were able to extinguish the fire without any reported injuries.

"The fire started in a bathroom due to combustibles too close to a space heater," the department said on its Facebook page. "The fire heavily damaged the bathroom and the kitchen area of the structure."

No working smoke detector was located in the house, which was left with $6,000 worth of damage.

— Sarah is a crime & safety reporter at The Ledger-Enquirer. You can contact her on Twitter at @SarahR_92.

  Comments