Local

Columbus apartment catches fire Tuesday night

Sarah Robinson

srobinson@ledger-enqurier.com

A local apartment at 6900 Bullet Boulevard caught fire Tuesday night after food was left cooking unattended on the stove top, according to Columbus Fire & EMS.

Firefighters responded to the scene around 7:20 p.m. to find the two-story wood-frame structure ablaze. They extinguished the fire without any reported injuries.

"The fire originated in a second floor apartment...," Columbus & EMS stated on its Facebook page. "The fire started in a kitchen due to unattended food on the stove."

Officials said the incident caused an estimated $50,000 worth of extensive damage to the four-unit apartment and $12,000 worth to its content.

"The unit directly below the fire unit sustained heavy water damage," officials said.

American Red Cross also responded to the scene to assist the displaced family.

— Sarah is a crime & safety reporter at The Ledger-Enquirer. You can contact her on Twitter at @SarahR_92.

  Comments