Four Columbus apartments damaged in cooking fire on Pam Court

Cooking materials left unattended on a stove were blamed in a Monday fire that caused about $250,000 in damages to an apartment complex on Pam Court, Columbus fire officials said.

Fire Marshal Ricky Shores of the Columbus Fire and Emergency Medical Services said the fire ignited about 5 p.m. and caused extensive damage to one apartment and smoke damage to three other units.

It took firefighters about 20 minutes to get the fire under control.

A firefighter sustained a minor injury while battling the blaze. His name and injuries weren’t disclosed but he was treated at the hospital and released, Shores said.