Columbus Police are investigating a string of business burglaries reported to have happened within the last two days.
According to multiple incident reports, at least 17 Columbus businesses were burglarized between 6 a.m. Tuesday and 2:26 a.m. this morning, leaving the establishments with more than $6,400 worth of collective property damage. In total, at least $1,090 in cash was stolen.
No suspects have been named in any of the incidents, and detectives haven't clarified whether or not the burglaries are related.
In at least three of the break-ins, witnesses described the suspects as either one or two black men wearing a white bandanna and dark hoodie. Those same witnesses said the men traveled in a four-door Sedan.
The burglarized businesses include:
- Panda Garden, 5600 Milgen Road #1017
- Lin China, 7600 Schomburg Road Suit F
- China Cafe, 4231 Macon Road
- Mr. Wings, 4519 Woodruff Road
- Hot Wing Connection, 1807 South Lumpkin
- China Wok, 1290 Double Churches Road
- Flournoy and Calhoun, 4509 Kenesaw Drive
- Onsite Computer Service, 1290 Double Churches Road
- Thibodeaux's Low Country Boil & Wings, 1660 Whittlesey Road
- G & J Outfitters, 4724 Hamilton Road
- Burke's Wings and Things, 5126 Hamilton Road
- Sun Ray Cleaners, 6801 River Road
- Seoul Restaurant, 2001 South Lumpkin Road
- I Heart Nails, 5900 Warm Springs Road #E
- S Mart Grocery Store, 1901 B Manchester Expressway
- Young's Oriental Foods, 1807 South Lumpkin Road
- Smokey Pig Barbecue, 1617 11th Ave.
— Sarah is a crime & safety reporter at The Ledger-Enquirer. You can contact her on Twitter at @SarahR_92.