The Muscogee County School Board is expected Monday to fill the assistant principal position at four high schools.
The board will meet at 6 p.m. in the Muscogee County Public Education Center on Macon Road.
Superintendent David Lewis is recommending Leslie Hemmings, currently an instructional specialist, to fill the open slot at Shaw High School. Hemmings is a former focused reading instructor at Muscogee Elementary.
At Carver High School, it is Lisa Norris, a math teacher at Carver since 1992, whom Lewis is recommending.
Hardaway High School's assistant principal is expected to be Susan Hampel, a former math teacher who serves as the IB coordinator/lead magnet teacher at Hardaway.
If the board approves, Rosa Patterson, an academic coach at Eddy Middle School, will be the new assistant principal at Spencer High School. She has taught at both Marshall Middle School and Blackmon Road Middle School.
But it is not only high schools where assistant principal positions are to be filled.
Four elementary schools will also get a new administrator.
With board approval the new elementary assistant principals are:
Brewer Elementary School: Katie Lopez, currently the Race to the Top District science coach, and a teacher for 10 years at Midland Middle School.
Forrest Road/Wesley Heights Elementary Schools: Barbara Weaver, currently the Title 1 intervention teacher and a former assistant principal at Smiths Station High School.
North Columbus Elementary: Aetavia Williams, the shared academic coach for Reese Road Leadership Academy and Gentian Elementary School.
Other positions that might be filled, though no named were available on the board budget, are school improvement grant administrator at Spencer High School, school improvement grant administrator at Jordan High School and school grant improvement grant administrator at Fox Elementary.
In other board meeting business:
- The board is expected to vote on a project at Shaw High School to construct paved access driveways/sidewalks to sports fields, as well as handicap accessibility to the upper gym level entry doors and handicap access to toilets.
- A vote for a new air conditioning unit for the cafeteria at Double Churches Middle School, which would replace one 14 years old, is on the agenda.
- The board should vote on magnet status for Reese Road Leadership Academy.
- Hannan Academy is asking the board for approval to begin an after school program with the emphasis on enrichment that would be similar to the programs at Allen Elementary, Britt David Magnet Academy, Wynnton Arts Academy and River Road Elementary.
- The board is expected to vote on Phase II of the superintendent's reorganization plan.