Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game: No. 6 Auburn vs. Louisville
When: Sept. 5, 2015; 3:30 EST
Where: Georgia Dome (Atlanta, Ga.)
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Ledger-Enquirer
Listen: Any of Auburn IMG Sports Network's affiliate stations across Alabama, and the surrounding states.
Did you know?
Auburn has won eight of its past nine season openers. It’s only loss? The Tigers’ lone previous appearance in the Chick-fil-a kickoff game back in 2012 when they lost to No. 14 Clemson 26-19. The game set an attendance record for the event with 75,211 fans.
This was also the last time the team lost a non-conference game. Auburn enters Saturday’s matchup against Louisville having won its last 11 straight non-conference games.
The Georgia Dome has been a home away from home for the Tigers in recent years. Auburn has an overall record of 6-4 at the dome, but has won five of its last six at the venue including three SEC Championship games, and a bowl game.
- Auburn and Louisville prepare for the unknown ahead of Saturday’s season-opener
- Auburn running back Roc Thomas starter in name only for week one
- Young Auburn linebackers pushing veterans for playing time
- Lack of uncertainty at quarterback setting up Auburn offense, starter Jeremy Johnson for success
- Auburn football team releases depth chart ahead of season opener against Louisville
- CBS Sports analyst Rick Neuheisel: Auburn has “championship equation” in place
- Auburn WR Marcus Davis ready to take over for Quan Bray on punt returns
- Gem of Auburn’s 2015 recruiting class Byron Cowart could have starring role in season opener