Week 3: No. 18 Auburn at No. 13 LSU
When: Sept. 19, 2015; 3:30 EST
Where: Tiger Stadium (Baton Rouge, La.)
Watch: CBS Sports
Listen: Any of Auburn IMG Sports Network's affiliate stations across Alabama, and the surrounding states.
Did you know?
Auburn has lost seven straight at Tiger Stadium, and LSU coach Les Miles is 5-0 at home against one of his top SEC rivals (7-3 overall).
Saturday's game will be the 50th time the programs play each other. LSU currently holds an advantage in the series with a 27-21-1 record. In recent years, home field advantage has played a huge role in the rivalry with 13 of the last 15 games going to the host.
A loss could jeopardize Auburn's streak of 30 consecutive weeks in the AP Top 25. It dropped 12 spots in the most recent rankings to No. 18. The current streak is the fifth longest in program history.
Auburn has several starters whose status remains up in the air going into Saturday's game. Safety Tray Matthews (shoulder), defensive lineman Carl Lawson (hip) and right tackle Avery Young are among the players banged up.
Not much is known about the nature of Young's injury while Matthews looked eager to join his team last weekend.
Lawson was on crutches during the Jacksonville St. game, but was moving around a lot better at the team's practice facility on Wednesday.
Could the Auburn coaching staff have been overly cautious against a FCS opponent last week with its SEC opener looming? Are the injuries more problematic than they are letting on?
Fans should get an idea of the answer when the team takes the field for pregame warmups.
- Auburn presenting a united front going into matchup versus LSU
- Lack of explosive plays one of top concerns for Auburn's coaching staff
- Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee optimistic about Avery Young, Jovon Robinson's status
- Auburn WR Jonathan Wallace recognized with national award for community work
- Auburn DB Josh Hosley out for season with torn ACL
- Auburn safety Rudy Ford gives LSU fans some bulletin board material
- One-dimensional Jeremy Johnson hurting Auburn's offense?
- Muschamp: 'Talented' LSU RB Leonard Fournette will challenge Auburn defense