Auburn shored up its offensive line depth in a big way Wednesday morning when it received a letter of intent from previously undecided offensive lineman Prince Michael Sammons.
The 4-star lineman out of Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy in Ohio joins Brodarious Hamm as the Tigers lineman in the Class of 2016.
Sammons had more than two dozen offers including ones from Michigan State, Oregon, Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Ohio State and Clemson.
The 6-foot-8, 280-pound tackle visited Auburn's campus this past weekend.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
When Sammons decision became official, his new offensive line coach Herb Hand expressed his excitement on Twitter.
"WARRRRRRRR EEEEEAGLE!!!!"" Hand tweeted.
Hand added a more serious message of congratulations moments later.
"Great young man from an awesome family!" Hand said. "Incredible story of perseverance and faith. Welcome to the Unit."
Sammons was a two-way starter for a Christian Academy team that went 10-2 and lost 44-14 to Coldwater in the second round of the Division V playoffs.
The three major recruiting websites all list Sammons as one of the top prospects in Ohio with Scout rating him as the second best player in the state.
Auburn needed to add an additional offensive lineman with losing both Shon Coleman and Avery Young leaving early for the NFL Draft and backup Will Adams announcing plans to transfer to Boise State.
- Early enrollee strategy a central part of Auburn’s 2016 recruiting class
- VIDEO: Auburn coach Gus Malzahn discusses special 2016 recruiting class
- Late splash targeting impact positions pushes Auburn’s 2016 recruiting class into top 10
- National signing day surprise as Auburn reels in 5-star DL Derrick Brown
- Auburn’s 2016 receivers bring smile to coach Gus Malzahn’s face
- Defensive back Jayvaughn Myers follows brother’s lead in picking Auburn on national signing day
- Auburn receives biggest commitment of day in 4-star WR Nate Craig-Myers
- Safety Daniel Thomas takes Auburn up on late scholarship offer
- Auburn offers safety Daniel Thomas, offensive lineman Tyler Catalina on signing day
- Auburn misses on 5-star linebacker Ben Davis, Alabama legacy follows in father’s footsteps
- Auburn lands previously undecided OL Prince Sammons
- New Auburn OL Brodarious Hamm has ‘high ceiling’
- Antwuan Jackson’s former coach expects DL to contribute for Auburn as true freshman
- National signing day guide: Additional high-profile recruits would give Auburn plenty to brag about
- Auburn target WR Nate Craig-Myers ready for national spotlight with ESPN announcement
- Dynamic Madison Academy RB Malik Miller ready to build on impressive legacy at Auburn
- Humble verbal commit Nick Coe bringing championship pedigree to Auburn
- Auburn verbal commit Woody Barrett not going to settle for fourth wheel in QB competition
- Long-time Auburn commit Landon Rice on campus with eyes on making immediate impact
- The solution? JUCO transfer John Franklin III ready to push fellow Auburn QBs for starting spot