Auburn was hesitant to offer safety Daniel Thomas and offensive line transfer Tyler Catalina earlier in the week.
National signing day has a way of changing a team's best laid plans.
Thomas, a 3-star safety out of Robert E. Lee High School, and Catalina, a graduate transfer from Rhode Island, both received offers Wednesday morning.
Catalina is a 6-foot-5, 310-plus pound offensive lineman who played three seasons at Rhode Island. He had verbally committed to Iowa State in December, but is still evaluating his options.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Ledger-Enquirer
Penn State offered the lineman on Tuesday and he recently visited Florida. Catalina hasn't announced a timeline for his decision.
The 6-foot-0, 182-pound Thomas does have a timeline. The Alabama native plans to announce his decision at 11 p.m. His list of offers includes Minnesota, University of North Carolina, Louisville and South Carolina.
- Early enrollee strategy a central part of Auburn’s 2016 recruiting class
- VIDEO: Auburn coach Gus Malzahn discusses special 2016 recruiting class
- Late splash targeting impact positions pushes Auburn’s 2016 recruiting class into top 10
- National signing day surprise as Auburn reels in 5-star DL Derrick Brown
- Auburn’s 2016 receivers bring smile to coach Gus Malzahn’s face
- Defensive back Jayvaughn Myers follows brother’s lead in picking Auburn on national signing day
- Auburn receives biggest commitment of day in 4-star WR Nate Craig-Myers
- Safety Daniel Thomas takes Auburn up on late scholarship offer
- Auburn offers safety Daniel Thomas, offensive lineman Tyler Catalina on signing day
- Auburn misses on 5-star linebacker Ben Davis, Alabama legacy follows in father’s footsteps
- Auburn lands previously undecided OL Prince Sammons
- New Auburn OL Brodarious Hamm has ‘high ceiling’
- Antwuan Jackson’s former coach expects DL to contribute for Auburn as true freshman
- National signing day guide: Additional high-profile recruits would give Auburn plenty to brag about
- Auburn target WR Nate Craig-Myers ready for national spotlight with ESPN announcement
- Dynamic Madison Academy RB Malik Miller ready to build on impressive legacy at Auburn
- Humble verbal commit Nick Coe bringing championship pedigree to Auburn
- Auburn verbal commit Woody Barrett not going to settle for fourth wheel in QB competition
- Long-time Auburn commit Landon Rice on campus with eyes on making immediate impact
- The solution? JUCO transfer John Franklin III ready to push fellow Auburn QBs for starting spot