Jayvaughn Myers was the second member of his family to deliver good news to Auburn’s coaching staff on national signing day.
The 3-star defensive back out of Pasco High School in Florida picked Auburn over the University of North Carolina Wednesday afternoon.
His half-brother Nate Craig-Myers, a Tampa Catholic wide receiver, made the same decision earlier in the day. Craig-Myers announcement was televised on ESPNU.
Jayvaughn Myers was at one time verbally committed to Florida. The 6-foot-1, 185-pound defensive back reopened his recruiting process in November.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Ledger-Enquirer
Rivals and 247 Sports both rate Myers as a 3-star prospect while Scout gave him 4-stars. All three recruiting websites put him in the top 40 defensive backs in the country.
He joins fellow 2016 signees Central’s John Broussard, Grady's Marlon Character and Lee-Montgomery High’s Daniel Thomas in Auburn’s secondary.
- Early enrollee strategy a central part of Auburn’s 2016 recruiting class
- VIDEO: Auburn coach Gus Malzahn discusses special 2016 recruiting class
- Late splash targeting impact positions pushes Auburn’s 2016 recruiting class into top 10
- National signing day surprise as Auburn reels in 5-star DL Derrick Brown
- Auburn’s 2016 receivers bring smile to coach Gus Malzahn’s face
- Defensive back Jayvaughn Myers follows brother’s lead in picking Auburn on national signing day
- Auburn receives biggest commitment of day in 4-star WR Nate Craig-Myers
- Safety Daniel Thomas takes Auburn up on late scholarship offer
- Auburn offers safety Daniel Thomas, offensive lineman Tyler Catalina on signing day
- Auburn misses on 5-star linebacker Ben Davis, Alabama legacy follows in father’s footsteps
- Auburn lands previously undecided OL Prince Sammons
- New Auburn OL Brodarious Hamm has ‘high ceiling’
- Antwuan Jackson’s former coach expects DL to contribute for Auburn as true freshman
- National signing day guide: Additional high-profile recruits would give Auburn plenty to brag about
- Auburn target WR Nate Craig-Myers ready for national spotlight with ESPN announcement
- Dynamic Madison Academy RB Malik Miller ready to build on impressive legacy at Auburn
- Humble verbal commit Nick Coe bringing championship pedigree to Auburn
- Auburn verbal commit Woody Barrett not going to settle for fourth wheel in QB competition
- Long-time Auburn commit Landon Rice on campus with eyes on making immediate impact
- The solution? JUCO transfer John Franklin III ready to push fellow Auburn QBs for starting spot