ATHENS - I'm going to skip the morning paper this morning because of other workload. Hope that's okay. In the meantime, we just returned from the viewing period of Saturday's practice, and here are some updates and notes:
- Isaiah Crowell is still wearing a green non-contact jersey, but it's hard to tell why considering he seemed to be going through all the drills without a problem.
But Richard Samuel (left quad injury) didn't appear to be doing anything for a second straight day despite also being in pads. Samuel is wearing a green jersey too, but while Crowell was darting through drills, Samuel was twirling a football. Who knows, maybe Samuel does more stuff when practice gets closed.
- Incidentally, the first-team backfield without Samuel is Crowell at tailback and Bruce Figgins at fullback. The second-team (quarterbacked by Hutson Mason) is Brandon Harton and Zander Ogletree. So apparently Ken Malcome still has a ways to go to crack the three-deep.
- Kwame Geathers, who sat out Friday for unknown reasons, was back out there. Fellow nose tackle John Jenkins was not, which isn't a surprise. The junior was diagnosed with a mild hamstring injury after leaving Friday's practice.
- Ray Drew (shoulder) and Amarlo Herrera (shoulder) were both sitting out, and just doing laps rather than work with the other injured players during conditioning drills. Each of the freshmen linebackers were announced as day-to-day, but that was about a week ago in each case.
- Bacarri Rambo was back working with the first team in the early portion of drills.