Those of you who have watched from afar as the restaurant offerings in Columbus have blossomed over the last couple of years now have a chance to dig right in and enjoy some of the tasty cuisine while soaking up the eateries’ ambiance.
That’s because this is Columbus Restaurant Week, giving seasoned foodies and wannabes out there access to three-course dinner menus at a special price ranging from $15 to $30 per person. Some locations also are offering lunch and brunch menus.
The dining opportunity starts Monday (today) and continues through Sunday.
The U.S. Foods-sponsored event, in its second year, features 20 local restaurants from various areas of the city serving up an appetizer and entree — most offering a choice from two or three entrees — followed by dessert. Beverage, sales tax and gratuities are not included (with the exception of Your Pie offering beverages). Reservations may be required by some participants.
Never miss a local story.
“It’s a celebration of Columbus, Georgia dining where food lovers can indulge in the city’s culinary scene as local restaurants offer prix–fixe, signature menus at exceptional prices,” the Columbus Convention & Visitors Bureau says on its website.
See if this sampling of entrees gets your mouth watering:
▪ Braised Brass Town Beef Tortellini (roasted garlic, spinach and red pepper cream)
▪ Rosemary Lamb Chops (with cannellini ragout and broccolini)
▪ Roasted Organic Chicken (with fresh succotash)
▪ Spicy Grilled Swordfish (with roasted chickpeas and smoked paprika aioli)
▪ Brisket and Gnocci (with fried okra)
▪ Pecan Crusted Salmon (with goat cheese polenta, grilled summer squash and caper beurre blanc)
▪ Cioppino (with PEI mussels, Virginia clams and black beauty eggplant)
▪ Cornish Hen (with Russian kale, crispy pig ear and pickled green tomato vin)
▪ Hot Smoked Salmon & Tenderloin of Beef (with semolina souffle, tomato gastrique, grilled vegetable terrine and cherry mustard)
▪ Grilled Salmon (with roasted artichokes, garlic herb caper butter and bow tie pasta)
▪ Deconstructed Chicken Bayou (with spicy chicken, shrimp, andouille, fresh spinach in cream sauce over white cheddar grit cake, and fresh sauteed green beans)
▪ Shrimp & Grits Succotash (with jumbo shrimp, andouille sausage, corn, tomatoes, okra and baby limas in a spicy herb butter, and Logan Turnpike Mills stone ground creamy grits)
▪ Roasted Pork over Grit Cake (with poblano creme sauce, grilled pineapple relish, pickled onion, cotija cheese, and sauteed green beans
▪ Pot Roast Beef or Baked Chicken (with mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and macaroni and cheese
Here are the restaurants taking part in Columbus Restaurant Week 2017 and their prix-fixe dinner menus:
(CLICK on the restaurant’s name to see their special dinner menu)
▪ A New Beginning Restaurant, 2913-A Cusseta Road, 706-984-0453
▪ B. Merrell’s, 7600 Veterans Parkway, 706-653-9464
▪ Bare Roots, 105 12th St., 706-887-0005
▪ Ben’s ChopHouse Steak & Seafood, 6780 Veterans Parkway, 706-256-0466
▪ Caffe Amici, 2301 Airport Thruway, 706-653-6361
▪ Epic Restaurant, 1201 Front Ave., 706-507-9909
▪ Ezell’s Catfish, 4001 Warm Springs Road, 706-568-1149
▪ Houlihan’s Downtown, 800 Front Ave., 706-324-1800
▪ Houlihan’s North Columbus, 5351 Sidney Simons Blvd., 706-243-0551
▪ Hunter’s Pub and Steakhouse, 11269 Georgia 219, Hamilton, Ga., 706-628-5992
▪ Mabella Italian Steakhouse, 14 West 11th St., 706-940-0070
▪ Mark’s City Grill, 7160 Moon Road, 706-507-3221
▪ Meritage, 1039 1st Ave., 706-327-0707
▪ River & Rail, 1232 Broadway, 706-940-0312
▪ Smoke Bourbon and BBQ, 1047 Broadway, 706-221-9889
▪ The Black Cow, 115 12th St., 706-321-2020
▪ The Cannon Brew Pub, 1041 Broadway, 706-653-2337
▪ The Loft, 1032 Broadway, 706-596-8141
▪ Wicked Hen Restaurant, 1350 13th St., 706-984-7215
▪ Your Pie, 1019 Broadway, 706-221-6899, and 5592 Whitesville Road, 706-507-1743