The Muscogee County School Board is expected to vote Tuesday on whether to authorize superintendent David Lewis to engage external legal services to represent the district on an as needed basis in the area of accreditation.
A special called board meeting and work session will begin at 5 p.m. in the Public Education Center on Macon Road.
The board voted unanimously at a June meeting to table the vote until July 11.
Mark Cantrell of District 6 was the first board member to recommend the tabling the decision saying the board members needed more time to consider it.
Never miss a local story.
In other business:
▪ The board will discuss the continuance the 2015 Citizens SPLOST Committee appointed by the board. The role of the committee is to help maintain accountability and transparency within the community.
▪ The board will hear a report on the SPLOST athletic facility construction that includes Kinnett Stadium upgrades.
▪ There will be discussion about two assistant principal positions. The names of the schools and candidates were not listed in the agenda.
▪ The board will hear about filling the positions of director of internal audit for the district and SIG administrator at Spencer High School. The names of candidates were not given in the agenda.
▪ A construction status report will be given to the board involving projects such as the construction of the fine and performing arts academy, the additions and alterations to Kinnett Stadium, additions to Fort Middle School and the Double Churches Middle School Autism Center.
▪ The board will receive information on two worker’s compensation cases.
▪ The board will get reports from the Columbus Museum and Chattahoochee Regional Libraries.
▪ In the public agenda Theresa El-Amin is scheduled to address the school board.