Auburn was hesitant to offer safety Daniel Thomas and offensive line transfer Tyler Catalina earlier in the week.
National signing day has a way of changing a team's best laid plans.
Thomas, a 3-star safety out of Robert E. Lee High School, and Catalina, a graduate transfer from Rhode Island, both received offers Wednesday morning.
Catalina is a 6-foot-5, 310-plus pound offensive lineman who played three seasons at Rhode Island. He had verbally committed to Iowa State in December, but is still evaluating his options.
Never miss a local story.
Penn State offered the lineman on Tuesday and he recently visited Florida. Catalina hasn't announced a timeline for his decision.
The 6-foot-0, 182-pound Thomas does have a timeline. The Alabama native plans to announce his decision at 11 p.m. His list of offers includes Minnesota, University of North Carolina, Louisville and South Carolina.
- Early enrollee strategy a central part of Auburn’s 2016 recruiting class
- VIDEO: Auburn coach Gus Malzahn discusses special 2016 recruiting class
- Late splash targeting impact positions pushes Auburn’s 2016 recruiting class into top 10
- National signing day surprise as Auburn reels in 5-star DL Derrick Brown
- Auburn’s 2016 receivers bring smile to coach Gus Malzahn’s face
- Defensive back Jayvaughn Myers follows brother’s lead in picking Auburn on national signing day
- Auburn receives biggest commitment of day in 4-star WR Nate Craig-Myers
- Safety Daniel Thomas takes Auburn up on late scholarship offer
- Auburn offers safety Daniel Thomas, offensive lineman Tyler Catalina on signing day
- Auburn misses on 5-star linebacker Ben Davis, Alabama legacy follows in father’s footsteps
- Auburn lands previously undecided OL Prince Sammons
- New Auburn OL Brodarious Hamm has ‘high ceiling’
- Antwuan Jackson’s former coach expects DL to contribute for Auburn as true freshman
- National signing day guide: Additional high-profile recruits would give Auburn plenty to brag about
- Auburn target WR Nate Craig-Myers ready for national spotlight with ESPN announcement
- Dynamic Madison Academy RB Malik Miller ready to build on impressive legacy at Auburn
- Humble verbal commit Nick Coe bringing championship pedigree to Auburn
- Auburn verbal commit Woody Barrett not going to settle for fourth wheel in QB competition
- Long-time Auburn commit Landon Rice on campus with eyes on making immediate impact
- The solution? JUCO transfer John Franklin III ready to push fellow Auburn QBs for starting spot