Auburn coach Gus Malzahn gave a preview of his national signing day press conference during a quick interview with ESPNU Wednesday morning.
Malzahn didn’t try to hide his excitement over the group of wide receivers the Tigers are bringing in that includes three names from ESPN’s Top 300 list.
Tampa Catholic receiver Nate Craig-Myers gave Auburn’s coaching staff its biggest commit of the day when he announced his decision to pick the Tigers over the University of North Carolina.
“He’s a difference maker,” Malzahn said.
Never miss a local story.
Malzahn also praised early enrollee Kyle Davis, “we wanted big fast receivers, he fits the bill,” and the electrifying Eli Stove.
Auburn wide receivers coach Dameyune Craig took to social media to share his feelings about a talented group that also includes Crestview's Marquis McClain.
“Boom City!! I know the people in Alabama are feeling better now. WDE for life,” Craig said after Nate announced his decision.
Craig dubbed his new group of receivers “locked and loaded” for 2016.
- Early enrollee strategy a central part of Auburn’s 2016 recruiting class
- VIDEO: Auburn coach Gus Malzahn discusses special 2016 recruiting class
- Late splash targeting impact positions pushes Auburn’s 2016 recruiting class into top 10
- National signing day surprise as Auburn reels in 5-star DL Derrick Brown
- Auburn’s 2016 receivers bring smile to coach Gus Malzahn’s face
- Defensive back Jayvaughn Myers follows brother’s lead in picking Auburn on national signing day
- Auburn receives biggest commitment of day in 4-star WR Nate Craig-Myers
- Safety Daniel Thomas takes Auburn up on late scholarship offer
- Auburn offers safety Daniel Thomas, offensive lineman Tyler Catalina on signing day
- Auburn misses on 5-star linebacker Ben Davis, Alabama legacy follows in father’s footsteps
- Auburn lands previously undecided OL Prince Sammons
- New Auburn OL Brodarious Hamm has ‘high ceiling’
- Antwuan Jackson’s former coach expects DL to contribute for Auburn as true freshman
- National signing day guide: Additional high-profile recruits would give Auburn plenty to brag about
- Auburn target WR Nate Craig-Myers ready for national spotlight with ESPN announcement
- Dynamic Madison Academy RB Malik Miller ready to build on impressive legacy at Auburn
- Humble verbal commit Nick Coe bringing championship pedigree to Auburn
- Auburn verbal commit Woody Barrett not going to settle for fourth wheel in QB competition
- Long-time Auburn commit Landon Rice on campus with eyes on making immediate impact
- The solution? JUCO transfer John Franklin III ready to push fellow Auburn QBs for starting spot