Auburn’s new offensive line coach Herb Hand was quick to welcome Brodarious Hamm to the fold.
The offensive lineman from Spalding High School in Georgia was the first verbal commit to fax in his signed letter of intent Wednesday on national signing day.
“So excited to coach this young man,” Hand tweeted.
The 6-foot-5, 320-pounder is currently the only member of Auburn’s 2016 class on the offensive line.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Ledger-Enquirer
Hamm picked the Tigers over offers from power five schools including Alabama, Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Mississippi State and Tennessee.
247 Sports and Rivals rate Hamm as a 3-star prospect while Scout gives him 4-stars.
Auburn went into national signing day with nine early enrollees and seven verbal commits. They are in the mix for a number of high-profile recruits including 4-star offensive lineman E. J. Price.
Price is announcing his decision at 1:45 p.m. Wednesday.
- Early enrollee strategy a central part of Auburn’s 2016 recruiting class
- VIDEO: Auburn coach Gus Malzahn discusses special 2016 recruiting class
- Late splash targeting impact positions pushes Auburn’s 2016 recruiting class into top 10
- National signing day surprise as Auburn reels in 5-star DL Derrick Brown
- Auburn’s 2016 receivers bring smile to coach Gus Malzahn’s face
- Defensive back Jayvaughn Myers follows brother’s lead in picking Auburn on national signing day
- Auburn receives biggest commitment of day in 4-star WR Nate Craig-Myers
- Safety Daniel Thomas takes Auburn up on late scholarship offer
- Auburn offers safety Daniel Thomas, offensive lineman Tyler Catalina on signing day
- Auburn misses on 5-star linebacker Ben Davis, Alabama legacy follows in father’s footsteps
- Auburn lands previously undecided OL Prince Sammons
- New Auburn OL Brodarious Hamm has ‘high ceiling’
- Antwuan Jackson’s former coach expects DL to contribute for Auburn as true freshman
- National signing day guide: Additional high-profile recruits would give Auburn plenty to brag about
- Auburn target WR Nate Craig-Myers ready for national spotlight with ESPN announcement
- Dynamic Madison Academy RB Malik Miller ready to build on impressive legacy at Auburn
- Humble verbal commit Nick Coe bringing championship pedigree to Auburn
- Auburn verbal commit Woody Barrett not going to settle for fourth wheel in QB competition
- Long-time Auburn commit Landon Rice on campus with eyes on making immediate impact
- The solution? JUCO transfer John Franklin III ready to push fellow Auburn QBs for starting spot