Here is a list of 2017 Columbus homicides as determined by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, said Muscogee County Coroner Buddy Bryan:
1. Dominique Devonte Horton, 22, of Columbus was killed in a Jan. 5 shooting in the 300 block of 32nd Ave. that also wounded another man. Authorities said a large group of people met on 32nd Avenue to watch two female juveniles fight, and the incident escalated when a man pulled out a gun and fired into the group.
2. Destiny Nelson, 17, of Columbus was killed in a Jan. 16 shooting at the Bull Creek Apartments near Woodruff Farm Road.
3. Eric Parker, 28, of Columbus was killed in a Feb. 10 shooting at a Conner Road apartment near Cusseta Road.
4. Maurice McGhee, 25, was shot and killed on March 24 at Wilson Homes at 3400 8th Ave.
5. Dudley Jones Jr., 44, was shot and killed on April 1 on Ticknor Drive.
6. Jason Boykin, 32, was fatally shot April 11 at 1021 Adair Ave. 5.
7. Marion Davon Ralph, 39, was found dead of a gunshot wound April 19 at the Pentecostal Church of God on 25th Avenue between Dawson and Cusseta Road.
8. Jakorbin King, 21, was shot and killed April 30 inside of his apartment in the 1000 block of 33rd Street.
9. Lavonte Thomas, 26, was fatally shot April 30 in the 1400 block of 24th Street.
10. Glen Hollan Adipi, 23, was shot and killed May 8 in the 1400 block of 24th Street.
11. Pedro Juan Carmoega, 36, was fatally stabbed during a July 4 event on Big Creek Place.
12. Brandon Scott, 34, was shot and killed July 7 at a house in the 800 block of Rigdon Road.
13. An unidentified person was found dead in the trunk of a burning car July 10 at the intersection of Harbison Drive and Head Street.
14. Ruby Lloyd, 43, was shot and killed July 17 at 33 Meloy Drive.
15. Robert Lockhart, 22, was shot and killed July 22 on Grant Road.
16. Donald Matthews, 26, of was fatally shot July 22 near the River Road and Veterans Parkway.
1. Christopher Warden, 31, was fatally shot by a woman on Feb. 6 after allegedly breaking into her apartment on Armour Avenue, authorities said.
2. Mariah Alston, 2-month-old, was being treated for skull fractures and other serious injuries when she died July 8 at Egleston Children’s Hospital in Atlanta. Officials are waiting for additional test results from her autopsy to determine her cause of death.
3. Deonte Marces Giles, 22, was shot on May 18 following a police car chase that ended in a crash on Cusseta Road and 25th Avenue involving Giles and a police cruiser. Giles was a suspect in the April 1 shooting on Ticknor Drive that killed Dudley Jones, Jr.
Columbus police said officer Ryan Vardman killed Giles in what they consider to be a justifiable homicide, not murder.
4. Richard Vaughn Cummings Jr., 18, was shot and killed July 14 while sitting in the front passenger seat of a car at 909 Farr Road.
5. Derrick Cureton, 23, was shot and killed Aug. 7 at a home in the 5300 block of Kingsberry Street. Authorities said the intial investigation indicates that Cureton was a home intruder in the shooter’s residence and the homeowner killed him in self-defense.
Note: Warden, Alston and Giles, Cureton, and Cummings’ deaths were listed on Muscogee County Coroner Buddy Bryan's 2017 list of homicides, but Columbus police did not include them on their list. Click here for more information.